Calculon Is HAL 9000
|Calculon Is HAL 9000|
|Held where||Shubot Theater|
|First appearance||"Calculon 2.0" (7ACV20)|
Calculon Is HAL 9000 was a one-man show in which Calculon portrayed the Space Odyssey character HAL 9000. [7ACV20] It was performed in 3013, because of Calculon's decision to resurrect his career, at the Shubot Theater, and was seen by Fry, Leela, Bender, Professor Farnsworth, Hermes, Zoidberg, and Amy, among others. HAL tells his life story to his old friend Dave.
After the show, Fry, Leela, Bender, and Calculon went to the restaurant The Tragic Pan, where they read headlines concerning the show's reception.
- Worst play in history
- Calculon dies for second time 
- Theatre to be demolished to remove stink of new show
- 12 hospitalised for boredom at play
- The article said that 9 of them were going to be okay.
Calculon's one-man show was first seen in a promotional picture released by Countdown to Futurama, in May 2013. 
- Calculon's one-man show is a parody of actor Hal Holbrook's Mark Twain Tonight.
Calculon: I'll have to start at the bottom...
Fry: But Fox already said no!
Calculon: I mean live theatre! I wrote this one-man show years ago, but I . . . I never cared enough to perform it.
HAL 9000: Heady times for a young unit, but I reckon if I had to do it all again I'd . . . murder those astronauts just the same. Wouldn't you, folks? Wouldn't . . . you?
Notes and references
- ^ a b Countdown to Futurama: Calculon Performing His One Robot Show. (Comedy Central's Tumblr page.) 24 May 2013. Retrieved on 28 July 2013.
- ^ Calculon had killed himself in order to win an acting championship, [7ACV04] but was brought back to life by Professor Farnsworth. [7ACV20]