Speed of light
Jump to navigation Jump to search
In the 31st century, vehicles faster than the speed of light (or 299 792 458 m/s) have been developed, allowing very fast transportation in the vacuum of space. This is due to that the speed of light was increased in 2208, to get around relativity. [2ACV10]
Speed of light in Futurama
- "A Clone of My Own" (2ACV10)
- It is revealed that the speed of light was increased in 2208.
- "The 30% Iron Chef" (3ACV22)
- A space train is mentioned to drive nearly the speed of light.
- "Teenage Mutant Leela's Hurdles" (4ACV09)
- Farnsworth drives at 35 miles per hour in a 99%-light speed area.
- "Law and Oracle" (6ACV16)
- It is revealed that it is illegal to drive faster than the speed of light in New New York.
- "2-D Blacktop" (7ACV15)
- During a race, Leela and Farnsworth collide at relativistic speed.
Leela: For Heaven's Gate, Professor. This ship can do 99% light speed. Why are we going 35 miles an hour?
Farnsworth: Because we're in a hurry, that's why.
Leela: Plus, you have the high beams on!